Budget & Finance
- Any County expenditure agenda item brought for approval by the Board of County Commissioners in a public meeting shall identify the revenue source(s) for such expenditure.
- The County should operate on a priority-based budget without additional cost increases. When appropriate and in certain funds, zero based budgeting should be put in place.
- No County entity shall create a new taxing authority or levy any new or increased taxes or fees whatsoever without the approval of the Board of Commissioners AND a majority of the voters, subject to Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) rules.
- Any and all tax increases must be put to a vote of the people, it is your money.
- All County bonds (new or continuation) shall require approval by County voters.
County Regulation of Business
- All proposed new ordinances or business regulations should be reviewed and subjected to a cost-benefit analysis before the vote of the County Commissioners.
- Ordinances effecting business should be free market oriented. No ordinance should inhibit valid competition.
- If taxes can be lowered they should be. The best way to have a prosperous economy is to provide a low cost, low impact by government environment.
- Money removed from circulation by government (taxes and fees) is money not being circulated in the private sector and this harms the prosperity of the private sector.
- All new ordinances and regulations should be subject to “sunset” review provisions.
- All old ordinances should be reviewed for applicability to today's environment.
- All taxes should be reviewed and if they can be reduced should be.
Dave Nelson Commissioner Douglas County Nevada District One
Re-Elect Dave Douglas County commissioner
Letter from MGSD Board regarding their fees.